CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hummingbird Garden


Our hummingbird garden is finally complete! Well, sort of. The seeds just need to grow. But the flower bed is finished and filled with fresh soil.

I wanted to plant our hummingbird garden under the tree where the little guys like to hang out. So I got to work collecting and digging up rocks all throughout our yard. Once they were all gathered I stacked them in a rectangular shape under the tree.




Once my bed was made I started the task of pulling up the weeds. This is when I found out that there was maybe 1/2 inch of dirt before hitting a HUGE piece of rock. A piece of rock that stretched throughout the whole bed and then some. Uhhhhh! I read the seed packages and it said that the flowers needed 3" of soil. So I made sure the rocks were stacked high enough to dump enough dirt in there in order for the plants to take root.

Our hummingbird feeders.


We also finished our small herb/vegetable/fruit garden. We already have two strawberries! We had three, but Jacob couldn't help himself.









"I got a flower for you, Mom!"


New sapling trees waiting to be planted in our yard.


And here are a few recent pictures of the chicks:



2 comments:

Jenn Memaw said...

I love your blogs and I read it probably right after you put it up as long as I am home..teehee. Your pictures are awesome! Your words are encouraging and I love your enthusiasm with all of your projects!!!

Valerie said...

Jenn, thank you! I wish you and Dad would come up here already!!